Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My Biko with Latik Toppings Recipe






Today, I am going to share to you guys my recipe of one of my family's favorite merienda,  Biko with Latik Toppings

Recently, my hubby requested me to cook this and my whole household loved the outcome and so I decided to share the recipe to you so you and your family can enjoy this yummy biko as well. This is one of the recipes that I considered a " Labor of Love" since I sweat a bucket while I was cooking this. But because I love my asawa, I was willing to labor. Thus, called a Labor of Love


Ok, let's start!


Ingredients: 





  • 3 cans (400 ml/can) coconut cream



  • 1 sachet ( 50 g) coconut cream powder

  • 1/2 kilogram  brown sugar

  • 1 kilogram glutinous rice ( malagkit)

  • water


Procedures:


1. Wash and cook 1 kilogram of glutinous rice ( malagkit) in a rice cooker or pot in the same way you cook your regular steamed rice. 

2. While waiting for the glutinous rice to be cooked, in a pan with medium heat, pour 1 can ( 400 ml) of coconut cream. Let it boil and don't stir. Once the coconut cream is already boiling, you lower the heat to low fire  and simmer it. If you already notice the curdling of the cream, stir it constantly to avoid burning of the cream. Stir it until such time that all of the water content of the cream has evaporated and the desired color (brown) is achieved. Turn off the heat. Drain the oil. Store the latik and oil in separate containers for later use. 

3. In a pan with medium heat, pour the remaining 2 cans of coconut cream, 1/2 kilogram of sugar and 1 sachet ( 50 g) coconut cream powder. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Reduce the heat to low and add the cooked glutinous rice to the mixture and stir constantly until such time that it is already very hard to stir and the mixture is incorporated evenly to the glutinous rice.

4. Grease the baking pan with the oil you collected from making the latik. Transfer the cooked biko into the greased baking pan and sprinkle it with latik toppings. 

5.Let it cool , slice it and serve it . You can serve it right away but I like the taste of biko best when it is eaten on the next day. Hehehe


That's it guys. Happy Cooking!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment